Just how observant are you?
Check answers here.
So, how did you do?
There's Balut...penoy. All I could think of: those poor babies! I am not eating hairy anything. Noticed that chickens are usually plucked already in it's package? Can you imagine buying chicken breasts or legs with all it's feathered glory?
Just in case you never clicked on the link, here's what those two words means, according to the link above.
"Balut" and "penoy" are eaten as snack food. These are sold together as if one is given a choice of coffee or tea.I don't care how much vitamins and minerals I am getting if I eat dead little duck chicks. In keeping with life-stranger-than-fiction concept, there's a lot of people eating these gross food. Ewww!
"Balut" is an incubated duck egg with 16- to 18-day-old embryo, while "penoy" is an infertile incubated duck egg or with dead embryo. Both are ready for consumption right after being boiled for 20-30 minutes.
This is a perfect diet for FearFactor. There right along with eating spiders!
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves adhesive.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.
6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.
15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
Thirteen things about one of my favorite TV shows, House MD.
1. “You get married at twenty, you’re going to be shocked who you’re living with at thirty.”
- Fools For Love
2. Factual error: Season 2 Episode 1 -
Acceptance: When they do the MRI on the death row guy, House says that the ink will get sucked out due to the strong magnet. This is incorrect; the only thing that can happen is a bit itchiness or skin irritation. Submitted by Ronnie Bischof
House is about to inject Ezra Powell (Joel Grey) with what is supposedly a lethal dose of morphine. In the shots where they pan out to show House addressing the room at large, the syringe is very full, almost completely. When they zoom in on House holding the syringe, it is only filled a fraction of that much - maybe a quarter to a third. This doesn't happen just once, but every time they switch between shots.
Most of the time, whenever House puts down his Nintendo DS, the angle at which it is bending changes. For example, in one shot, it is not bent at all and in the next it is almost closed.
Both suffered drug addictions (House - pain killers, Holmes - cocaine). Both focus on the patient/criminal's motives and actions rather than physical evidence. Neither can cope with normal society and have sociable sidekicks (Wilson and Watson - Dr Wilson actually gets called Dra Watson once by a patient in the first series). Both are extremely lazy when not on a case (Holmes read the agony aunt columns in the paper, House watches Soaps). Both never call anybody by their first names and finally both live at No 221B.
11. "I picked a reverence for medicine because I rather hero-worshiped my father [a former doctor], and because I admire doctors, I admire study, empiricism and rational thought. I don't admire crystals and chewing willow bark and herbal remedies."
13. And I watch it because I like the looks of these people as they move about in my TV screen.
I like Desperate Housewives. You know this because you can see this show's link on my Serial TV list. I noticed though that they put this really annoying character named Nora. She just grates on my nerves, and I had put off watching 4 episodes because I cannot stand her.
Die, Nora, die! That's my thoughts when I see her. It's bad enough I had to put up with Eddie Brit, they have to add Nora too. Last Sunday, I was so glad to note that they have finally killed Nora.
My holy horse! Would it have killed the writers to tone down Nora's character? After all, they did with Eddie, and now we kind of like her.
I was just sitting here, wondering if you have a favorite show, but you cannot stand to watch it now because of some annoying character.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know they're fiction. That's exactly why I want them all to be enjoyable! I used to not like Horatio Caine. Now I do. I watch old and new CSI: Miami series. H grew on me. Now, I actually enjoy him moving about in my TV. If you don't like him before, you should give him another try. He's that good!
Because my SIL is going to be a lawyer soon, it's time to get some Lawyer cartoon out! Thanks to this site and a guy named Jason Love, it makes this list quite fun to get.
Also, I should get her over her and ask her to explain some of the jokes to me. :)