Mired in Debt? Consolidate

I don't think anyone set out to be neck-deep in debt. In fact, I can almost be sure that most people would like to be independently wealthy. I've been in worse debt situations before, but nothing like my college best friend. She worked for a department store that has thousands of wonderful and beautiful products. So, instead of taking home a pay, she ends up accumulating debt as she work because she can't resist buying.

She has one of the prettiest apartments I saw. It's fully furnished, and beautifully kept. The only problem was, her credit card debt kept mounting. Of course, she didn't tell me when we first met, but after a year of being together, she finally confided about her uncontrollable urge to buy. She has drawers and drawers filled with make-up and their corresponding gift make-ups and bag it came in. It was the most peculiar thing I saw.

At one point, her mother offered to clear her 15K debt but she is not getting a sports car for graduation. I was thinking that maybe her main option might be to consolidate debt. This will make remembering payment due dates easier. Instead of sending out 5 different credit card bills, there's only one. It's a smart way to manage debt when you're mired in it. Of course, it's always better to manage our finances smartly. But when disaster happens, debt consolidation is another option.

No comments: