Light a Candle

A lady I know from my favorite bulletin board lost one of her newborn twin. I cannot imagine the pain she's going through. I'd like to offer a healing light her way. It may sound hookey, but it's a comfort to know that one is not alone in their time of pain and lost. I am sending my sympathy. It's not enough, but I hope it helps.

Little Angel

I was given an angel to cherish and love,

So tiny, so perfect, a gift from above.
When I looked at his face it was calmness I found
And that peace seemed to spread to all he was around.
His love touched my heart like fine threads of spun gold
And I thanked God for giving this angel to hold.

But I did not know then that time was my foe
And too soon, with a whisper, my angel would go.

My heart almost breaking, a touch soft as lace
Seemed to wipe at the hurt as it coursed down my face.

I still have my angel to cherish and love,
Those gold threads now shimmer from Heaven above.

And though I can’t see him or cuddle him tight,
I won’t say goodbye, Little Angel, goodnight.

No comments: