I think I am suffering from acid reflux. Not quite sure about this since I have not seen my trusty doctor (isn't "trustry doctor" an oxymoron?)
Anyway, the thing I hate most about heartburn is the nasty smell of the acid. Hydrochloric acid (HCl) smells like poop to me. I can't stand it. No one ever mentions it. Maybe, I don't have acid reflux at all, but I tell you, this acid smell has got to go because it's about to drive me nuts!
Anyway, I decided to do thirteen things about acid reflux, or heart burn.
1. Eating a big meal at dinner causes excess stomach acid production.
2. Milk might be quickfix, but milk has a rebound action and would eventually encourage secretion of more stomach acid, which causes the acid reflux.
3. Try eat small, frequent meals instead of three big meals a day. Small amounts of food each time would exert less workload on the stomach and therefore requires less acid secretion for digestion.
5. Make sure to include foods that are high in complex carbohydrates in each meal. These foods, such as rice, breads and pasta, are able to tie up excess stomach acid and are often easy on the stomach.
6. Avoid high-fat meals such as those from the fast food chains.
7. High fat foods will remain in the stomach longer, thus causing the need for more stomach acid in order to digest them.
8. But remember, don't overeat! Eating too much of any foods will stimulate the stomach to secret more acids for digestion.
9. Avoid or limit alcohol
10. Maintain upright position during and at least 45 minutes after eating
11. Try elevating the head of bed six to eight inches when lying down.
12. Surprisingly, a lot of beverages stimulate acid secretion such as beer, wine and pop. The worst of all is beer. It could double your stomach acid within an hour.
13. Another effective option, is GARLIC. Garlic is one food that you should be eating every day. It's important to remember that the garlic must be fresh. You need to CHEW the garlic or crush it using a spoon before swallowing it, if you are not going to put it in your juice. If you swallow the cloves intact you will not convert the allicin in the garlic to its active ingredient.
Found help here, and here. This site here promises an instant miracle cure with apples. Yep! I don't know though as I have been eating apples and I still get heart burn.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants