Monogamy

My favorite blog bitches asked, "Are we meant to be monogamous?" Go on, visit and read by Trollop had to say. When you get back here, let me know what you found out. Are we meant to be monogamous?

That's a really good question.

I've met a lot of people whom I considered to be serial fuckers. I mean, they just cannot resist making a conquest of anyone they're interested it. Some said it's a disease. Other's said it's because temptation is great, or because they do not have a choice. They've fallen in love, and there must make their hearts happy.

Ha!

No choice indeed! Let's speculate on the steps towards cheating, shall we? First, there's the finding of some other person who makes your heart race. Then, there's the clandestine meeting, to be followed, but not necessarily, with sex.

On waking up in the morning, we choice between staying snuggled in bed and getting up and get ready for the day. In my case, get everyone ready for school. In some instances, the choices might really be narrow, and leaning heavily towards one side, but it's a choice.

I think cheating is the same way. From the very first moment you see someone attractive enough to make you stop and take notice, a whole bunch of choices comes into play.

Do you choose to smile and exchange words with this person? Do you choose to follow-up? Do you choose to dress a little better next time because?

While making a lot of choices, will-power comes into play. Just how stubborn are you about not cheating on your significant other?

I think the question is not whether we are meant to be monogamous, but just how strong our will are to cheat on our significant others.

There will always be a choice. There are tons of them. Just so you know, when you look and think past the "oh, how cute that person is" to "I wish I'm with that person," the first step to cheating is being laid out.

Do you choose to cheat?

4 comments:

Raggedy said...

It was my hope that all would do a final TT. I wanted to have the chance to say goodbye.
Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

It's been my experience that most of us don't consciously choose many of our actions. We just react. Society-at-large prefers it this way, because then we're easier to manipulate (politically, socially, commercially...what have you.)

People need to consciously choose to choose - and they need to re-make that choice every single day. It's so easy to just find a comfortable rut and stay there (the high-paying job, the secure relationship, the safe career), but then be upset that things aren't better. Hey - if they're not better, you need to choose to get out of that situation. And then you need to live with all consequences of your choice - the good parts, and the bad parts.

Anonymous said...

I am strongly against people who choose to cheat.

I am of the opinion that if you are willing to cheat on someone then you dont love them enough to be with them. So why stay? LEAVE and persue your new interest.

I know that is a very black and white way of looking at it. But I have never been interested in cheating and think people that do cheat are low and weak of mind and soul.

tallulah said...

We are not monogamous creatures by nature.
That said, I choose not to cheat.