Front Fence Visitors

One Wednesday morning, my husband was excited about something, asked me to step outside, barefoot, to look at something. It was these newborn birds. They were on our front fence, looking like they're settling themselves home.

These two stayed for almost two weeks. When we gave them food, we have to make it a lot because it brought the squirrel too. Sometimes, the bluejays or the cardinals would show up and try to toss these new residents. They keep coming back, and then they were gone one day. I never knew what kind of birds they were, but they were cute to look at. My kids are enterntained to have them right outside our window.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics this week!!! Lovely post!

Anonymous said...

Hm.... Looks like some kind of smaller Dove, but it's not any spiece we have here in Sweden.

Interesting. I once had one white smaller dove on my garden fence, which turned out to be someones cage bird....

I looked through some pictures of doves without finding one matching to yours, then I gave up when I read somewhere that there are over 300 species of doves!

- so good luck finding out which one it is ;-)