As usual, I was blog-hopping when I come along this picture above from here. I was worried because I have a lot of kids who's into glitters. One can never be too careful. So, you can imagine my relief when I googled it and found this. I mean, if The Onion wrote about it, I can breath easier. Then there's this. They kind of stopped me from running to the phone and wake up my kids pediatrician to schedule a lung scan right away.
It's very funny though, now that I have stopped hyperventillating about it.
Plus there's this:
Although powdered glitter, not the typical square-flaked glitter, could be inhaled should someone throw a large handful of it into the air, it is not a danger when used as indicated. Furthermore, the larger, most common square flaked glitter is too large to pass down into the lungs and cause lung disease.
You have to admit, it's a tad alarming to see that picture first.