Not quite sure it's true, but if it is, knock yourself with it!**
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair Any oily substance will work, it suffracates them.
5. Elmer's Glue - paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads [Finally! A beauty product in my price range and one I can share with my kids!]
6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water. Punch a hole in the end of a vitamine "E" capsule and apply to the burn, 24 hours...no more pain and a beautiful tan.
8. Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste, vitamine "E" capsule and apply to the burn, 24 hours...no more pain.
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar On it!
WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too. Picture above can testify that it worked with removing permanent marker on my keyboard too.
11. Bee stings - meat tenderizer Apply a paste of baking soda and water.
12. Chigger bite - Preparation H Apply fingernail polish, it suffacates them and they die, 24 hours.
13. Puffy eyes - Preparation H
14. Paper cut - crazy glue or chap stick (glue isused instead of sutures at most hospitals) Sutures for paper a cut? Again apply vit. E it's a miracle.
15. Stinky feet - Jell-O! [Eat it?]
16. Athletes feet - cornstarch
17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool Aid To clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet. (Wow, and we drink this stuff) It's the acid that disolves the grease and soap buildup, white vinegar will work better.
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon Plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if they eat it!
20. Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper
21. Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray [Why not WD-40?]
22. Pam Will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby Laundry soap rubbed on the grease then rinse off works perfect. To remove water based paint use rubbing alcohol.
23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on,sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
25. Heavy dandruff - pour on the vinegar!
26. Body paint - Crisco Mixed with food coloring.Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food color of your choice!
27. Tie Dye T-shirt - mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping - large bottle of club soda and cup of milk of magnesia, Soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years! The acid in all paper is neutralized by the magnesium.
29. A Slinky Will hold toast and CD's!
30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt And watch it absorb into the salt.
32. To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel. [Even dried up wax, really?]
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food - fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the Bounce Towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets, Soak overnight! Also do this if you have brown spots in the bottom your toilet bowl.
35. Crayon on the wall - Colgate toothpaste and brush it! [I am going to try this out. In fact, I am buying a tub of colgate tomorrow and a box of brushes. After I train my arms at the gym for a week, I'll handle my walls. I kid you not. To scrub my walls, my arms needed to weight-train.]
36. Dirty grout - Listerine
37. Stains on clothes - Colgate
38. Grass stains - Karo Syrup, this also works with a mildly constipated child. make sure to use the dark syrup.
39. Grease Stains - Coca Cola, It will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax-Sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox, or 2 Bayer aspirin, Or just use 7-up instead of water.
42. When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest, so you "squeeze" for freshness or softness? Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist tie. They are:
Monday = Blue,
Tuesday = Green,
Thursday = Red,
Friday = White
Saturday = Yellow.
So if today was Thursday, you would want red twist tie; not white which is Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue- Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday through Saturday. Very easy to remember. I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery store and the bread wrappers DO have different twist ties, and even the ones with the plastic clips have different colors. You learn something new everyday! Enjoy fresh bread when you buy bread with the right color on the day you are shopping. [I am not sure this color code is true...can anyone tell me?]
*from an e-mail
**I might actually mean "knock yourself out" but I got confuse which way to go on that one. Ha ha ha. That's my brother she's talking about. Lil Bro...so I can make fun of him! Ha ha ha.