Advice Column From A Man

From the advice column, "Dear Walter"

Dear Walter:

I hope you can help me. The other day I set off for work
leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I
hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine
conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back
home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't
believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady
making mad passionate love to her.

When I confronted him, he tried to make out that he went
into the back yard and heard a lady scream, had come to her
rescue but found her unconscious. He'd carried the woman
back to our house, laid her in bed, and began CPR. When she
awoke she immediately began thanking him and kissing him and
he was attempting to break free when I came back.

But when I asked him why neither of them had any clothes on,
he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair
for the past six months.

I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from
his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling
increasingly depressed and worthless. I am 32, my husband is
34 and we have been married for twelve years. I love him
very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has
become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through
to him anymore. Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila




Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be
caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by
checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is
clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake
manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of
these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the
fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to
the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

Walter

No comments: